State College Evangelical Free Church
|Meeting Time(s) and Location(s):||Adult Bible Fellowship and Sunday School: 9:00 AM|
Cafe Connections: 10:00 AM
Sunday Worship Service: 10:30 AM
|Distance from Campus:||> 10 minute walk|
God calls us to glorify Him by growing a life-changing community of fully devoted Christ-followers in the Centre Region and beyond.
We are trusting God to make us a community of
Grace Growth Mission:
A community of Grace
- Christ’s abundant and undeserved love towards us overflows into those around us in life-giving ways that irresistibly draws others in.
- Care, nurture, support, and encouragement are freely given as we serve one another in Christlike ways.
- God is at work breaking down walls, restoring relationships, and bringing forgiveness and reconciliation.
A community of Growth
- Lives are being changed as God, through His Spirit, uses His Word and His people to make us more like Jesus.
- Broken lives and relationships are being healed and restored by our God who is able to bring beauty out of brokenness.
A community of Mission
- Seeing God’s love for people and the needs of the world compels us to serve compassionately and reach out with His love.
- We are a body of believers who are discovering their God-given gifts, awakening their God-given passions, and who are being energized, equipped, and sent out to make a difference in our world.
- We are joining God on His mission to proclaim the Gospel to the Centre Region and beyond.
Statement of Faith:
- We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men and the Divine and final authority for Christian faith and life.
- We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross, a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and is, therefore, lost and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and, thus, become children of God.
- We believe the water baptism and the Lord's Supper are ordinances to be observed by the Church during the present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as a means of salvation.
- We believe that the true Church is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the Body of Christ of which He is the Head.
- We believe that only those who are, thus, members of the true Church shall be eligible for membership in the local church.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Head of the Church and that every local church has the right, under Christ, to decide and govern its local affairs.
- We believe in the personal, physical and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ and that this "Blessed Hope" has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord; of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.
How to find out more about this organization: