Unity Church of Jesus Christ
|Meeting Time(s) and Location(s):||Sunday Worship Service - 10:30 AM|
|Distance from Campus:||< 10 minute walk|
Unity Church of Jesus Christ is a lighthouse of unconditional love and prayer, committed to cultivating intimacy with God, spiritual maturity, healing and servanthood in all people based upon the Word of God.
The mission of Unity Church of Jesus Christ shall be to prepare God's people for works of service to the body of Christ and the world.
Unity Church is a lighthouse of unconditional love and prayer, committed to cultivating intimacy with God, spiritual maturity, healing, and servanthood in all people based upon the Word of God.
Statement of Faith:
- We believe in one God - Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Deut. 6:4, John 1:1, Eph 4:6, I Tim 2:5, I John 5:7)
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary; crucified, died, buried and resurrected. He ascended into Heaven and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father, and is true God and true man. (Is 9:6, Lk 1:34-35, I Cor 15:1-5, Heb 4:15, Eph. 1:20 & 22, Heb 12:2)
- We believe that Bible is the Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit, infallible and complete in its entirety, and is our rule of faith and practice. (II Tim 3:16, Deut. 4:2)
- We believe that all are born sinners; that the Holy Spirit convicts of sin; that the Lord Jesus Christ paid the price for sin by shedding His precious blood on the cross as the atonement for sin; that those who refuse to accept His sacrifice for their sin are eternally lost; and that those who repent of their sins and personally accept and confess the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior receive forgiveness of sin, everlasting life, and become children of God. (Rom 3:23, Lk.13:3, John 16:8, John 14:6, Rom 10:9)
- We believe each born-again Christian should be baptized in water by immersion in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. (Rom 12:3-4; Gal 5:22-23, Matt 3:13-16,Acts 2:38, John 3:5, Acts 10:47-48,Rom 6:3-11, Col 2:12, Acts 19:1-5, Acts 8:36-38)
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance; that all gifts of the Holy Spirit (such as prophecy and healing) are valid and operative today; and that the fruit of the Holy Spirit should be increasingly evident in a Christian's life. (Acts 1:4-5 & 8, 2:1-4, 8:14-18, 19:1-6,Lk. 11:13, I Cor 12:1-11, Rom 12:4-8, Gal. 5:22-23)
- We believe that the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ provides healing for our spirit, soul and body. (Is. 53:5, I Pet 2:24, 3 John 1:2, James 5:14-16)
- We believe that we should obey Jesus' command to preach the gospel to the world and to disciple people. (Matt. 28:19-20, Acts 1:8)
- We believe in and look for the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. (Acts 1:11, Thes. 4:14-17)
- We believe in glorifying God through free praise and worship in our worship services as outlined in the Scriptures and as led by the Holy Spirit:
- Lifting hands (Ps.134:2)
- Clapping hands (Ps. 47:1)
- Singing in the Spirit (I Cor. 14:14-15)
- Dancing (2 Sam. 6:14, Ps. 150:4)
- Musical Instruments (Ps. 150:3-5)
How to find out more about this organization: