|Meeting Time(s) and Location(s):||Saturdays|
6:00 pm - Harvest Fields (150 Harvest Fields Drive, Boalsburg, PA 16827) (Meal at 5:00 pm)
9:00 am - Harvest Fields (150 Harvest Fields Drive, Boalsburg, PA 16827)
9:30 am - Penns Valley (117 Penn Street, Millheim, PA 16854)
10:00 am - Midtown at The State Theater (130 W. College Ave., State College, PA 16801)
10:00 am - Tyrone (1060 Pennsylvania Avenue, Tyrone, PA 16686)
10:30 am - Harvest Fields (150 Harvest Fields Drive, Boalsburg, PA 16827)
*Note: worship gathering times occasionally change. Please see www.calvarysc.org for the most up-to-date worship times.
|Distance from Campus:||< 10 minute walk|
We will live out the Gospel by connecting people to Christ, Community and their Calling.
We are building a Church Without Walls.
- A Church Without Walls (c-wow) vision is all about going beyond our walls in relationships: connecting with Christ, with each other, and with the world around us.
- A c-wow vision is all about going beyond our walls in calling: leading people on a journey to dream, discover and take a risk for God's beyond-imagination call for their lives.
- A c-wow vision is all about going beyond our walls to be a world-changing movement: bringing Jesus wherever faith, hope and love are needed.
- A c-wow vision honors the Biblical model of the church found throughout the book of Ephesians.
Statement of Faith:
THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD. We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and truthful, written by men under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and that it has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
THAT GOD EXISTS AS A TRINITY. We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existing as one, in three persons. Each is equal in every divine perfection. Each executes distinct but harmonious offices in the work of creation, providence, and redemption.
- GOD THE FATHER IS GOD. We believe in God, the Father, an infinite, personal spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. We believe that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
- JESUS CHRIST IS GOD. We believe in Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings. We believe in His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people, and personal visible return to earth.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD. We believe in the Holy Spirit who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower all who believe in Jesus Christ. We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Christ, and that He is an abiding helper, teacher, and guide.
ALL PEOPLE NEED REGENERATION FOR NEW LIFE. We believe that all men are sinners by nature and by choice and are, therefore, under condemnation. We believe that those who repent of their sins and trust in Jesus Christ as Savior are regenerated by the Holy Spirit.
THE CHURCH IS GODíS PLAN TO BRING LIFE TO THE WORLD. We believe in the universal church, a living spiritual body of which Christ is the head and all regenerated persons are members. We believe in the local church, consisting of a company of believers in Jesus Christ, baptized on a credible confession of faith, and associated for worship, work, and fellowship. We believe that God has laid upon the members of the local church the primary task of being a life-giving community bringing the good news of life in Jesus to a world in need of life.
THAT HOW WE LIVE OUR LIVES MATTERS. We believe that a Christian should live for the glory of God and the well-being of others; that our conduct should be blameless before the world; that we should be faithful stewards of our possessions; and that we should seek to become fully committed, fully mature in Christ.
WE ALL SHOULD CELEBRATE BAPTISM AND COMMUNION. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ has committed two ordinances (celebrations) to the local church: baptism and the Lordís Supper. We believe that Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water into the name of the triune God. We believe that the Lordís Supper was instituted by Christ for commemoration of His death. We believe that these two ordinances should be observed until the return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
WE SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT AND RESPONSIBILITY TO CONNECT WITH GOD. We believe that every human being has direct relations with God, and is responsible to God alone in all matters of faith; that each church is independent and must be free from interference by any ecclesiastical or political authority; that therefore Church and State must be kept separate as having different functions, each fulfilling its duties free from dictation or patronage of the other.
IN THE VALUE OF CONGREGATIONS PARTNERING FOR A PURPOSE. We believe that local congregations can best promote the cause of Jesus Christ by cooperating with one another in an organizational partnership. Such an organization, whether a regional or district conference, exists and functions by the will of the churches. Cooperation in a conference is voluntary. Churches may likewise partner with interdenominational fellowships on a voluntary basis.
JESUSí RETURN WILL BRING A NEW DAY. We believe in the personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to earth and the establishment of His kingdom. We believe in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment, the eternal felicity of the righteous and the endless suffering of the wicked.
How to find out more about this organization: